Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The First Meet...


The setting sun,
Washing the horizon with the final drops of gold,
The trees swaying to the tune of a light breeze...

The last song of the cuckoo

Like a note of farewell for the day...
And the living, settling for comfort

Some relief in exhaustion...

Yet I stand here idly

Looking into nothingness for an eternity...

With thoughts brimming in the mind

The heart, losing its control over emotions

I wait tirelessly

For the much anticipated...

My soul, restless with impatience

I look forward

To a timeless glance in your eyes.....

To feel your gentle touch

To drown myself in the ocean of love

As my life takes shape

Into someone as special as you....
My eyes look at the deserted, rugged path
It is yet to be glorified by your presence

They search in anxiety

For a sight of that silhouette
The human form of my desires....

All memories rush back n forth

As I attempt to take a hold on myself
Though I know it is futile....
I have to let go of me

Today, none will listen...

My heart, my mind, my soul

All possessed by passion....
All wait to get engrossed in you....

With Time at a stand still,

I wait here to lose myself in your loving embrace...
To bask in the warmth of happiness

The happiness, of fulfilled desires..

I wait here, my love, to meet you....

1 comment:

Ritayan said...

Too good....ur maturing as a poet...ur poems talk of deeper feelings in a more womanly way yet as always you keep that unique childish innocence intact. love ur work. kudos. keep writing