Saturday, December 15, 2007

Setting Free.....

The remains of the once scented rose....
The silent blush over smiling memories....
All well buried, well hidden.....
I take back that childish assertiveness,
I withdraw that hand
I expected you to hold.....
Lovingly killing every consolidated emotion
Beautified with time....
But now dead and decaying....
Won't let anyone scavenge on my feelings...
Taking back every little moment that we called "ours"
Let them be mine alone, now, and forever....
Disintegrating every thought involving you...
I wish to be immune to love...
The numb feeling, itself giving me the resistance...
I shut my ears to the sounds
The sounds of laughter shared...
I refuse to look back at the tears
We wiped, for one another
They will,of course, remind me of you....
I stop my search for love....
I satisfy my thirst for care, with coldness.....
I refuse to recognize that short lived soul,
Who felt and lived with the most cherished emotion
And used my mortal body to dwell....
Those days, I remove
From the flashbacks of my life...
Which emasculate me,
Obstructing my view beyond.....
I lived, I loved, as much as life wished me to
No more, this pain I will bear....
I desert my wants for a comforting shoulder....
I strangle that human need....
As I attempt my love, to let you go...
As I attempt, to set you free.....

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

lovingly killing, amazing thoughts. u mature and ur search deepens. i know the emotion that led to this poem and here you have helped prove me right, writing one of your most beautiful poems using thegrey colour on your palette, i truly am amazed...keep writing

VanDiablo said...

just two words.." keep writing"... i must say u r really amazing n mature then ur age...