Saturday, January 2, 2010

Seu Rosto



I lie here
Unaware of the world,
That spins around my being
Conspiring in smiles....
While I soak in
Your dream-lit visage,
The picture of you,
That I drew when you were away,
Has faded and lost its place.....
Its a new soul I see
Gentler, a surreal fragility......
Like the first sheet of ice,
On a winter lake.....
A smooth contour
With a sensitive base.....
Inciting silent sensations,
With a tumultuous pace.....
Those alluring eyes,
That color me with emotion,
Moisten my own,
While you hold me close.....
Those lips that seek
The tenderness I hide,
Seem to entice my gaze.....
And I silently wish
The heavens to add,
A lifetime more
To this enchanted phase......
And as the first sparkle of gold
Tinges your countenance,
With the heralding day....
I gather in my heart
The nascent ecstasy,
Of a transformed life.....
While I indulge once again,
In the depths of your love.....
Basking in the radiance,
Of your beautiful face.......

2 comments:

VanDiablo said...

I dunno but, it quite felt like a gal's views and her emotions..it was such a good read u know.. now I know how "she" used to feel..(even now I know) :)

Ritayan said...

"those lips that seek
the tenderness I hide"......a woman's thoughts, a poet's word...i refrain from using the word poetess for some believe its discrimination. But the power of words is such it washes all this nonsense away....and u have created something that powerful here. well written, well bound and most importantly magical.
keep writing