Sunday, July 20, 2014

Upon Your Sleeping Eyes....

The noose of distance
Threatens to throttle...
Hearts enduring
A yearning...
Unfathomable, endless
Stifling.
As I dream walk
Into the freedom
Of your arms...
As I tingle
With the taste
Of discreet tears...
Their salts
Reducing my desire,
To whispering embers...
That smoulder away
Into the stealthy night...
Which steals your shadows
From my lashes,
Where I once trapped them
Hoping to weave us together...
Like melodies
Dripping in an aged wine,
Playing faint
On a crackling jukebox...
And I lay threadbare...
Naked
To the ruthless wind,
That gnaws at my bones...
Eagerly waiting
To drown my sighs,
Into its own abyss...
But I hold back
My trump card,
The kiss of dawn...
When the Sun shall blush
At your windowsill,
And lay the drizzle
Of my tired lips,
Gentle,
Upon your sleeping eyes....

No comments: