Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Shadows....

The anxiousness of a forced silence
The quiet trembling of the calm....
Those familiar footsteps
I recognized everywhere.....
With the boldness of a final retreat....
I wish to raise my hand and stop
I hope to get that last glance
Yet all I get in return
Is the last loving sight of that silhouette........
As I feel myself sinking
Into the depths of the ocean of night.......
No one around to save my drowning body
Coz the lights are out
The last flame flickers in the wind......
The wax melts away with my life......
I jump at the memory of the touch
I taste that salty syrup of sorrow
A desire to give up
The tormenting tolerance.......
An imaginary summon
To my long lost friend.......
And the comforting loneliness
Feeling the scars of my corpse....
I shut my eyes to keep away
The pain of visualizing those moments
Like a rose with its petals ripped off
I am naked to the violent winds....
A helpless attempt to awaken my dead voice
The noiseless screech out of agony.....
The raging storm now stands victorious
Scratched and stung, yet a wounded numbness
Like my soul being revoked
I stand defeated
Wondering senselessly
At my serendipitous survival......
As my world lies demolished
I lie, abducted by the scavengers
In the sanctum of the shadows......

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

no one is ever defeated, mo matter how wounded you stand...so you are not defeated. remember life is not about the finishing line , it is all about the race. life is not about the victory it is all about the struggle.
very developed and mature as a poem, shows depth of emotions and a very mature writing style...over all a great poem keep writing

ATAullah said...

did u ever think what u are gonna do with these poems ?