Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Am Still Wearing My Shoes.....


The world goes round
The living move towards a larger life

Progress takes another step

But I am still wearing my shoes....


Competition takes a wilder shape

People make wiser moves

Power takes over the powerless

But I am still making up my mind....


Violence silences the forgotten peace

The helpless cry in the blazing inferno

Tyranny reigns with its fatal carelessness

But I am still learning to speak....


The heartless break a few more hearts

The soulless demean a few more lives

The faceless mislead some more of the innocent

Yet I am still determining my path.....


A day will come
When I'll rise above them

When the needy will have the saviour
They insanely fantasize day and night....


I'll strive to enhance the potential

I'll work my way through these difficulties

But it will all be done on one fine day

Which tends to seem far away...


Will they survive through this haul of nightmares?

Will it not be too late?

Will they get another chance?

Or will they have to wait?


A silent wish, that it won't be too late...

A hopeful dream, that they will wait...

Coz am still yearning

To exist, to stand and stand out....

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

in this mad world of rats in a rat race we are all being put in little boxes, being stereotyped and being forced to be someone else...and i guess very few ppl remain wearing their same shoes...if you are do not be afraid you may be lonely 'coz no one else dares.....
as a poem its one again very mature coming from a poetess so young....keep writing

ATAullah said...

i simply love this one for the fact the everybody sees what is happening in the world but some have to courage to actually vent out what they think . we are still amused and surrounded by them in large numbers and a single person cannot be the change . this post is an inspiration and motivation or more importantly a call to the people telling them that things are gonna change for good and u'll have to choose your side .