Friday, February 20, 2009

Pendant Ma Chère Vie......

As gentle as a summer cloud,
You float about me.....
With pleasure in your arms,
You lace me with happiness.....
Making my steps light,
Brightness on my face,
Like the gleeful sunrays......
As I laugh with you,
Spreading radiance around.......

Heavy you make,
My heart, sometimes.......
When the light gets too harsh.....
Scorching me,burning emotions......
With teary eyes,
I take your trial, but
You remain the silent culprit.......
Leaving me abandoned,
Like a child without a mother......
And my direction is lost.......
As I reach out and search
For you, in the deafening darkness......

Delicate you make me,
A soul of wax.......
Cast in numerous moulds......
A few moments gone,
And I, a heap of shattered glass......
Sometimes instead,
I'm the pink, yellow, orange
Of the kaleidoscope.....

You play games, a little sordid
Some, I win......
Some, negotiated.....
Some, left unplayed.......
I choose my cards,
Take chances, not knowing
What is hidden,
Behind your sly smiles.....

Those days, when you show,
More dreams than I can see,
I feel lost, quiet......
Pondering over the lessons......
You teach me, hard or happy.........
I think about you then......
And you mock me,
As I foolishly assume,
That I have the reins,
Of your wheels.....
It never was so,
It shall never be......

O life, O dear friend,
You are and always will be,
My most knowing teacher......
My most cherished love......
Your hand in mine,
Whether in good times or bad,
Makes me complete, human......
No matter how many days of laughter,
Or how many days I cry.....
What's most important,
Is having the whole of you, my life!

3 comments:

Ritayan said...

beautifully lyrical way of saying a story.....loved the intricate wordplays...

Deep said...

:) Amazingly beautiful again! :)
Keep it up!

VanDiablo said...

Wow!! just loved it..."Life" so beautifully explained!!!