Tuesday, June 2, 2009

By The Candlelight....


The lights are out
With your departure...
Around me,Inside me......
I feel around
In this inky mess,
For a form familiar
And there, my faithful fall-back...
Its amazing you know,
How beautiful it makes
Your hours of memories....
And souvenirs of affection...
With its softness,
Warm and bright......

And by the candlelight,
I admire those silken folds
In my sheets,
Scented by the aroma
Of your sumptuous slumber........
Where you slept
Moments ago, I lie......
Lost in the tenderness
Of your dream filled eyes......

And oh! There's your chain,
Lingering just out of sight......
Like the mole on your back,
Keeping your secrets.....
Hiding in mischief,
Just where I'll tend to seek it......

And by the candlelight,
I recall your touch,
And your skeptic grasp
On my sturdy shoulder......
For a reassurance unknown.....
The way your breathy voice
Whispered content in my ears,
As I led  you to the utopia
Of your locked up fantasies......

There is my story teller.....
The reflection of me,
But not as I used to be....
The longing that died,
In those stone cold eyes,
Is now revived
By your mere sight......
Emotions are bedazzled....
Happiness long gone.....
But a hope is still alive,
As I describe the new "I".....

And by the candlelight,
I can't help but chuckle
At this helpless soul,
Drunken with love,
Gripped by desire,
Lost in the fancies
Of you in his tomorrow......
Where the alchemy of your smile,
Will kill him once again......
As you will have
A desperate life
Dedicated at your feet.....

That last glance you gave,
That took me with you,
Is etched on the surface
Of my half conscious mind.....
As I refuse to let go
Of the time rushing by.....
Sunk in the passion,
Of reversing the tide.......

And by the candlelight,
I wait and I dream.....
Of the bits of your charm
You sprinkled over me.......
Of those unaccounted moments,
I spent in your eyes.....
Where my essence of living resides.....
Where the completion of life lies....