Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sleepless....

The drunken stupor
Of bitter sweet memories,
Douses my quest
Of the land of dreams....
I lie, half-awake
As if stopped mid-sentence,
While wiping the smudges
Off the dew soaked screen.....
Self proclaimed desires
Seem to crouch in the shadows,
Of a sub conscious soul....
While the eyes frisk the darkness
For a silhouette of sense.....
Yet the rays of the unseen
Fail to descend......
The heart seeks
A new wanderer,
To find his way
Into the barrens of emotion......
Yet discordant chords
Seemingly play futile notes.....
As numbness gathers comfort,
In the arches of the mind....
While I lie sleepless,
Waiting for my stars
To play a new trick on me this time.....

1 comment:

Ritayan said...

why wait for stars to play tricks...play some of your own..the world's your playground. lovely work