Saturday, April 19, 2014

Let's Pretend...

So let's pretend
I never knew
What it meant,
To soak my soul
In the summer sweat
Of your relentless clutches...
And quiver in frisson
Like a humming bird
Flying through my senses
At the buoyant whisper
Of your footfall....
And let's make- believe
A world,
Where we were yet to know,
That sunshine spelt out
Your shadow
In mine....
And all the wrath
Unaccounted for,
Spawned
Out of those missing pieces
Of my puzzle,
That you walk away from
Each day.
Let's conjure
A wilderness...
Where each blossom
Did not pick at my heart,
For seeking belonging
In your arid afterglow....
Would our years
Spin sooner then,
So time would race
To keep up with desire?
Would rainbows suspend
Their splitting colours,
So the breathless rain
Could beckon us
To drench one another
In the amalgamation
Of our amorphous beings?
I wonder what,
If not....

No comments: