Saturday, May 26, 2007

Illusions


As solitude surrounds me,
I shut my eyes,

To feel the simple bliss in the moment

And there builds an image

Undoubtedly, I know what it is
I know, who it is
There you are, just before my eyes

Some mischief hidden in your lovely smile
I smile too, your presence provokes me

There you are, holding out your hand

I extend mine, too amazed for words

And in a flash, reality wakes me

"You love to dream," the mind scorns

I smile again

"Oh yes! I do," I say
I enjoy seeing my desires take shape
Oh yes, I love this illusion

Its true, I love to dream
" Do you really?" chirps the heart
"You simply love to feel"

"Oh so true you speak!" I say
I love to feel my life
I extend my hand
And pray to feel that touch

But though reality plays with me,
I content myself with the mirage
I feel that beautiful presence
And so,all I'll say is
Indeed, I love to feel

And there, the mind mocks again
"How will the world look at your eccentricity?
How will you defend your imaginary obsession?"
To you, my dear mind
I have something to convey
I care not, what the world sees me as
The world cant satisfy me, the soul

The heart is what I persuade

With these illusions, with these images
Oh my gentle heart! Will you for once see
How pure my love really is?
Not with pride, not with vanity

But built with the simplest of emotions

A block of trust, I placed at first

A handful of happiness I sprinkled
A tinge of liveliness, here and there

A shower of the spirit to share
And to all this, I added

Some satisfaction, some comfort
Some security, some authority
And there stands my monument

I still beautify it with my passion
The world says,what belongs to the heart is beautiful
I ask you, my dear heart
Will you lend my love some of your glory?
Will you accept my love as your own?

And as the question hangs in the air
The heart quietens for a while

And then it says, "I see what you show

Oh how can I possibly say no?
Your monument of love, your life

I accept
All I can possibly say is
I'm glad to see, O simple soul

That you sincerely love to love!"

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

a very different poem from what i am used to from you...shows your versatality. its a wonderful poem...the paradox of life...the conflict between dreams and reality has been potrayed beautifully...love the innocence in your poems...no matter how deep and how mature a question u ask it always seems to b coming frm a innocent girl. u have a wonderful style....keep writing

Anonymous said...

i jst adore the way u express urself..the beauty the subtlety..still so encompassing..i knw its like an oxymoron,bt thn thts the only way it cn b described..
i kp coming..excellent work..
kp it up..

aBhIsHeK(",)
a NoVicE iN bLoGosPhErE..