Friday, May 25, 2007

The Question Of Existence


In one small corner of this spherical world
I lie awake
When the drowsy darkness overtakes the conscious
With an anxious mind
A tormented heart
And a questioning soul
"Why was I made?
Am I of any purpose?
I sense nothingness
Why was I given this tasteless life?
Work humans do for satisfaction
Tires them
Pleasure makes them indifferent
Comfort gives each one, a false sense of security
And so I see,it happens with me
Is this my past's fate?
Was this what I was supposed to do?
Am I a need?
Am I a desire?
Why in this world full of uncountable souls
Was another little ordinary spirit born?
Why, oh why, do I exist?
The gentleness of the night caresses me
The wind seems to wrap me in an embrace
The twinkling stars smile at me
And i feel my world speaking
"You were born to be yourself
To live up to what you are today
Yes, there is more in store
But everything that you call your past now
Happened to make the journey of your life stable
You are a dream
A dream of a woman
Whose womb gave you your body
You are happiness
Happiness for a girl
For whom you are indispensable
You are pride
Pride for a man who fathered you
You are love
Love for someone
Who means the world to you
You are a friend
Whose care, everyone likes to cherish
You are a human being
Made to prove the existence of humanity in this world
You are someone God promised to many
Somewhere as a daughter, somewhere as a sister
As a friend, as a lover
As a strength, as a support
As a dream, as an expectation
As a need, as a desire
Yes, you have a purpose in this world
You live your life, not for yourself
But for the many others
Whose lives you constitute
You are, above all, God's creation
In the most beautiful form you could get
Speechless with the simple truth
I wonder how i have been answered
But yes, I am satisfied
With the simple beauty of the answer
The answer to the question of my existence.....

2 comments:

Rashmi said...

HI Appy... as I said before, your poems are really nice and meaningful! Keep up the good job.. I'll wait for even more poems from you! Take care!
-Rushy.

Ritayan said...

a poem par excellence...an eternal question answered with consummate ease. the flow of a sparkling rivulet...refreshing as a breeze and powerful like the mountains is what your poems are made of. its high quality work...love it. carry on...never stop writing