Thursday, January 24, 2008

Being Me....

Each new day dawns with a smile
As I set to walk on the same old roads...
Like the same old me...
I see the smart
Admire the wise
Laugh with the witty
And ignore the foolish...
Yet not a change penetrates my soul...
Why, I see a someone in me...
That someone, who struggles
To see the unseen...
That someone, who enjoys
Dreaming the unknown...
That someone, who knows...
Why insanity is a virtue...
The child like laughter
Is a treat for herself
When she is happy...
A silent tear while swallowing the pain
When her world just seems, to tumble down...
Yet courage it takes
To rebuild it again...
A new cornerstone every time...
An inexplicable trust in that God
She believes to have in herself...
A positive look with the hope
That life will be fine....
Its all she strives for...
Yet sometimes, she weakens
Sometimes, she falls...
But a true spirit it takes
To lift yourself up...
To look at the ruthless world...
With your head held high..
"I care not what you all think of me"
Is all she tries to hold on to
And all I know, is she succeeds...
With that silent, loving smile on her face....
Rarely seen,
Yet with a truth unspeakable...
Yes, I adore this someone I see...
Oh yes! I love being me!


4 comments:

Ritayan said...

a beautiful self-potrait on the the ever beautiful canvas of this wonderfully gifted poet. you are one amazing writer...with a sparkling style. its great. keep writing and its really good to be proud of who you are...'coz...u r unique bt more importantly u r very very special

ATAullah said...

"I care not what you all think of me"
loved the line .

and also the last two lines made the end so very perfect .
"Yes, I adore this someone I see...
Oh yes! I love being me!"

N said...

This is my first look at your blog..One glimpse made me sure that your quest for something bigger than you,yourself is still on...Continue with your quest

ardi k said...

and I love your poetry
free-flowing
rich

check out mine on river tree whispers if you like