Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Call...


The silence of the dawn
The faint chime of bells in a far off shrine
Triggering some sleeping emotions.....
The cool breeze provokes my inner voice
A calm whisper stuns me
I am asked,"Oh silent soul,
Do you relish being maneuvered like a puppet
In the hands of the so called "Fate"?
Do you name this deathly monotony, Life?
Know you not the excitement
In making your dreams come true?
Or are you satisfied with calling them
A pretty figment of your imagination?
I stare answer less, at the rising sun
The truth underlying these questions astounds me...
The fluttering of pigeons around
I turn back, a noiseless observer....
And yet again I am questioned
"Do you not feel today
Like a flightless bird?
In a hasty search for a destination?
Do you not wish
To slow down and dance
To the serene rhythm of life?"
I voicelessly accept, "I do."
"Then throw off the ties
Care not, if the world
Accuses your free spirit
To be your idiosyncrasy
You live for yourself, not for this world...
Let the warmth of the sunlight
Purify your soul of all fears
Let that winged friend
Guide your desires towards the infinite skies....
Let your will be the wind under your wings
Go on, and bravely aim to embrace the Sun...
And think not, of failure"
"What if, I don't reach that far?"
"So what? You'll still fall among the stars!"

5 comments:

Ritayan said...

amazing. this poem for me reflects a sort of deep seated turmoil. even though the writer is a "silent soul" somehow she is still seeking answer to that elusive "why"....beautiful and lovely as a poem. impressive use of dialogue in the poem. keep writing

ATAullah said...

do you actually write all of that ?

ATAullah said...

oh my expressions were misread :P !
i meant oh shit ! did u actually write that stuff . it is amazing . :)
see what difference does a shit make :P

but yeah i really admire the way u have rhymed them all . all of the lines m,aking you think and say hey , those are my thoughts too .

i have been collecting poems form everywhere i could find,. poems i found really really interesting and sometimes lyrics of a particular song . but i write who i take it from .

and thank you for visitiong my blog too

ATAullah said...

lol ! i know how that feels . to have such a talent and very few people to actually appreciate and awe in just one shot is very rare and so is the talent . those are gems that you are writing . keep writing , i would love to read them all.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

did u write that?
awesome it is!!