Sunday, September 7, 2008

Unheeded Cries......

Like a sapling treasured in a seed,
I wait eagerly to sprout....
And spread my wings.....
My little hands rise in need
A desire for love and care....
Bubbling in my fresh blood.......
Every nascent heartbeat
Whispers a want for existence...
A dream to see,
And breathe free...
Stumbling and falling and learning,
Little by little.
Bits of this wonderful thing
Your world calls life......
But this hurts,
This pains mommy
Do you hear?
The music is slowing......
I am trying to hold on......
I wish I could feel you sooner.....
But it refuses to let me go......
Why is my world fading?
You want to know how I look,
Is it your face or daddy's eyes?
You want to adore my giggles
You want to comprehend my babble
Don't you mommy?
I want to love you too
And hide my face in your chest......
Cause this scares me
You will heed to my cries,won't you?
You promised,to stand by every breath
And nurture my soul
But I am falling....
I still don't see you lift me up.......
Mommy,it's getting darker!
Pull me back,before I drown
Mommy,help me,won't you?
Oh no! Mommy,it's you?

2 comments:

Ritayan said...

with each successive poem your style is morphing into much more mature and symbolic poetry..i like the use of stark words...as they stand out to prick like the thorns of a cactus..justifies the "unheeded cries"........liked it a lot

VanDiablo said...

it has to be posted for "CRY"...
really liked the way you showed the bonding between the child n the mother...