Thursday, September 25, 2008

Identity...

A silent satire,
Garnished with some sad humor
Strikes my mind.....
As I walk into living glamour,
Wondering what strings
Reign these painted puppets,
Dancing to the rhythm of conventions....
Flaunting their desperation to glitter.....
And doing so,with pride!
What but a puff of smoke,
Guarding their unstable status.....
What but the last glass of wine,
Making them knights in shining armour!
A greedy gleam marks each eye......
Many a sadist thought
Concealed in those false-sweet smiles......
I ponder over stifled sighs......
Exhausted with the unseen bonds....
Caging the freedom,
Of expressing yourself
To a horde of taunting jeers.......
I can't help but smile,
At the struggle they have to face
To meet the true eye.......
The preferred trend is to turn blind......
When trouble nags thy neighbour....
Wipe your hands clean
When you decently commit a crime......
Embellish a wrong deed of that stranger
But when it comes to oneself,
Its not worth giving it your time.....
Dilution is the key
To triumph over emotions.....
Practicality is the mask,
For the insensitive minds......
And then they come and ask me,
"What is your identity?
What have you done
To seek and prove your capabilities?"
I laugh on their stunned faces,
Till tears fill my eyes...
And tell them," You see my friends,
This is where my identity lies...."

2 comments:

VanDiablo said...

Its been a trend now, I keep on waitin Appy to put something here, and I get the privilege to put something here, whatever it may be...I must mention here that "identity" is one of the most difficult territory to explore and well as usual YOU did it superbly dear... Another point I want to put forward is that at the first reading I didn't get it, I really had to put my full dedicated efforts to get it, n I'm so glad that I did it...Love it!!!
Dunno from where you manage to find these e.g - garnishing with sad humor, horde of taunting jeers..keep it up!!

Ritayan said...

nice work...there's this tinge of underlying cynicism that i felt here which intrigues me. as for the poem it is straightforward yet subtle..like it