Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A New Morning


One moment,life just does'nt seem enough
Another moment,and the path looks never ending
There's the dawn, spreading a faint and rosy light
Yet a darkness remains, engulfing like a fog
I strain to look beyond it
Will I be able to embrace
The welcoming rays of the Sun?
There I see pigeons flocking together
All alike, all grey
Yet among them perches a white,
Silent, and solitary, with a searching look....
Serene is the morning,calm and quiet
Yet I hear strange voices...
Can I quieten my restless soul?
A light breeze plays with the little dewy leaves,
All look fresh, renewed with life
Yet there stands a loner sapling,
Seeming as if stuck in its past
Its Autumn mood not gone
Its dry leaves challenging the breeze
With a painful fluttering movement...
Will I be able to shed my past,
And move on to cherish a day of the Spring?
I sit there,answerless and searching.....
And slowly,a lovely warmth sinks in me
Out of the fog,there is the Sun
After many-a- wintry night,
I see the passionate glow again
The light of my life
Yes, there it is....
A smile plays across my face
As out of the blue, I recall that tender voice
The herald of the day rises
And there dawns a new morning in my life
The fog fades,I see a world more clear
But again, the brightness triggers the mind
Wont my day end into a night?
"So what?" he says,
"There's another day ahead
And forget not, the Sun is always there
It is your world
That turns away from it for a while....."
Simple though it is,
The thought has a radiant touch
Still smiling, I look at my Sun
And move on.....

1 comment:

Ritayan said...

Heart warming. i like the subtle touches...the gentle flow and above all the underlying tone of hope. A new morning will come sis...for now jst keep looking east...keep writing u hv a unique spark