Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Touch of Hope With The Hands of Love


Walking in an empty street,
I feel lonliness driving me insane
Some bitterness, some failures
Some anger, some pain
Pierce my heart
Shattering it into pieces
A sullenness, once unknown,
Encroaches my mind
The eyes have tired out
No tears left in them
An emptiness, a hopelessness
Engulfing me completely
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
I strain my eyes
But look in vain into complete darkness
Who do I have with me?
Why isnt there someone to share my pain?
What support do I have in this world of strangers?
I try to find the answers
But without success, I walk on
Why cant I have someone by my side?
To push me on when Im stuck
To love and guide me when Im lost?
No, there's no one there
I feel left out in the empty street
As empty as my life
And then, a drop of rain falls
Trickles down my face
One by one they increase in number
I move on without stopping
I smell the scent of the wet mud
A momentary pleasure in the solitude
The drizzle makes me wet
And a sudden shiver goes down my spine
I feel a warmth
It touches my soul
I look up at the sky
Raindrops fall on my face
And a glistening bead falls from my eye
Emotions aroused, I cry
The rain gets heavier,
Drenching more than just my skin
I release my hold
On the inner me
I let go all the pain
The killing emotions, the hurt
Dissolve in the rain, purifying my spirits
I walk on, tears mingled with raindrops
For a long time
And then the rain slows down
I stop and look up at the sky yet again
A ghost of a smile appearing on my face
Another shiver, reviving the warmth
And taking away my emptiness
A feeling emerges from the depths of my heart
The contentment of security
I realize the presence of that someone out there
Looking at me all the while
Satisfaction and happiness,
swell up like a tide
Crashing on the shores of my heart and mind
A simple bliss in the warmth of another shiver
I feel Him
His arms around me
His hands wiping my tears
His presence beside me
The rain stops
I feel as if all my pain has been swept away
I take in a fresh breath
And release my trapped soul
I let it quench its thirst for love
From the ocean He shows me
I look up again
And see a faint rainbow
And light
Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel
Im not alone
He was there, He is there and will always be with me
He has given me the answers
And all that I could ask
His mere presence makes me feel elated
Yes, I can live in this imperfect world, so full of hurdles
And conquer every pain and hurt
Because I have that someone I needed
I have the security I desired
Yes, Ive always had Him with me........

1 comment:

Ritayan said...

Really wonderful. You write with consummate ease...you seem at peace with your words...and that lends beauty o your beautiful poetry. I do not believe in Him...'coz i feel the healing hand has always been held back by the deepened nail...but you created a stir inside me...something which made me bow my head down and contemplate...not many has been able to do that....hats off to a genius and more importantly my sis...